List of all existing groups within the Parish
Parish Priest Fr Manoj Kannamthadathil
Parish Secretary Pauline Gilmore & Diane Saliba
Parish Office 143 Bacchus Marsh Rd, Corio.
Mon, Tue, Thur &-Fri 9am- 4pm
Ph 5275 4120
Weekend Mass Times:
Saturday 7.00pm Corio
Sunday 9.00am Lara
Tues & Thurs 9am Corio
Wed 9.15am Lara
2nd & 4th Fri’s 9.15am Lara
1st & 3rdFri’s 10.15am Hume Court
1st Sat of each month-9.30am Corio
- Finance Committee: Meet 4 times a year to review parish finances. Contact Fr Manoj 5275 4120
- Counters: A group of parishioners that count the weekend collection. Contact Pauline or Diane at Parish Office 52754120
- Bulletin: Weekly communication to the Parish. All items for the bulletin must be in by 10.00am Thursday morning. Contact Pauline or Diane at the Parish Office 52754120
- Thanksgiving Co-ordinator: Lawrie Tadd, contact Parish House 5275 4120
- Gardening & Maintenance: Corio-Fernando Victoria, Lara-Frank Brennan.
- Website Committee: Diane Saliba
- Parish Team: Fr Manoj, Pauline Gilmore & Diane Saliba (Part/Time Secretaries). This group look after the day-to-day life of the Parish. Contact 5275 4120
- Parish Pastoral Council: Representatives from both Corio and Lara that share in the decisions and future direction of the parish. Present team consist of Bill Geerts, Diane Saliba, Theresa McManus, Adela Buaya, Fernando Victoria, Leon Pollard, Michael Neri & Lorraine Kulic.
- Faith Leadership Team: Made up of the Parish Team and the Principal and Religious Education Co-ordinator from both St Anthony’s and St Francis Xavier’s schools, meet once a term.
- Deanery Representative: Adela Buaya
- Corio/Norlane Ministers: An ecumenical group which connects local churches and organises ecumenical events.
- St Vincent de Paul: respond to those in need of food and other household needs. All enquiries to 5275 4359. If you would like to join SVDP, please contact the Parish House 5275 4120
- Care Group: Overview of pastoral needs in Parish. Contact Fr Manoj at Parish House.
- St Anthony’s Senior Care Group: A group of people who visit St Laurence Park in Lara, help with the Communion Service on a Tuesday and Mass twice a month. Volunteers always needed. Contact Parish House 5275 4120
- Bingo: Played every Friday night in the Xavier Centre at Corio. Contact Parish House 5275 4120
- Seniors Lara: A gathering of the senior members of the parish on the 4th Friday of the month, Mass at 11.30am followed by a shared lunch and activities. Contact Parish House 5275 4120
- Fundraising and Social Group: Contact Kieran Quinlan via the parish house.
- Men’s Group: Meets on the last Monday of each month at 6.30pm for Happy Hour and a shared meal followed by fellowship, discussion or a speaker. Alternates venues between Corio and Lara. Contact Parish House for details.
- Craft Group: meets on the first Monday of each month 12noon till 3pm in the Ron Lowe Room, Corio for fellowship and to complete an easy craft project.
- St Anthony's Lara Playgroup: for parents & young children. Meet on Tuesdays from 9am at St Anthony’s, Lara. ContactCharmaine Rolls Ph 0422 278 836.
Corio Playgroup: for families with pre-school children. Fri mornings 9.30-11am at St Francis Xavier School. 52751974
- Parish Prayer Group: every 2nd Saturday of the month 3.30-4.30pm at St Francis Xavier’s.
- Legion of Mary: assists the Parish in apostolic work such as home visitation, taking communion to home-bound sick/elderly, provide catechesis and guidance in receiving the sacraments to refugee families. Contact Adela Buaya on Ph 0409 135 589
- Liturgy Committee: Together with the Parish Priest, reviews and prepares parish liturgies. Contact Fr Manoj 5275 4120
- Children’s Liturgy: Lead the celebration of the Word for Children during Mass every Sunday 10.30am Mass at Corio (Legion of Mary) and check the parish website for Lara’s dates. Contact Fr Manoj 5275 4120
- Choirs: Garry Pearson, Kath Andrews (Lara), Paul Breed (Corio) Contact for these groups Parish House 5275 4120
- Altar Servers: Any child who has celebrated their first communion, contact Fr Manoj 5275 4120
- Youth Mass: is held at Corio on the 2nd Sunday of each month at the 10.30am Mass, Corio. A group of youth gather to share their experience of Christ through music.
- Mass helpers: if you would like to assist during mass in an active way as a commentator, reader, welcomer, flowers, cleaning or morning tea, please contact the parish office to go on the rosters.
- Family Masses: Corio-the 1st Sunday of every month, 10.30am and Lara, the 4th Sunday of every month, 9am
- St Francis Xavier School, Corio: Principal Mr Wayne Richard, contact no 5275 1974
- St Anthony’s School, Lara: Principal Ms Rachel Smith, contact 5282 1415
- St Ignatius College: Principal Mr Michael Exton, contact no 5251 1136
- Baptism Preparation: Meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month to help parents prepare for the baptism of their children. Contact parish House for further details and booking of baptisms, 5275 4120
- Sacramental Program: Preparation of children for the sacraments who are not enrolled in St Anthony’s or St Francis Xavier’s school. Children must be enrolled at the beginning of each year. Contact Fr Manoj 52754120 or the Parish Office.
- RCIA: (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) Prepare those adults who would like to become a Catholic. Contact Fr Manoj 5275 4120
- Adult Education in Faith: Contact Fr Manoj at the parish house.
Legion of Mary
“To Jesus through Mary”
The legion of Mary is a Lay Catholic Apostolic Movement beginning in 1921 in Ireland, with many millions of members throughout the world who, with special devotion to Mary, are at the service of the Church as she leads us to Jesus.
The object of the Legion of Mary is the glory of God through the holiness of its members developed by prayer and active co-operation in Mary’s and the Churches work. The members participate in the life of the parish through visitation of families, the sick, both in their homes and in hospitals and through collaboration in every apostolic and missionary undertaking by the parish - if you need someone to visit you and you need Holy Communion on Sundays please contact the parish office.
Queen of Mission 11:45am -1:00pm (after Sunday Mass) Ron Lowe Room
Queen of the Most Holy Rosary 11:45am- 1:00pm (after Sunday Mass) Xavier Centre
Immaculate Heart of Mary (Junior) 5 – 6pm Mondays (ages 10-12 years) Ron Lowe Room
Queen of Hearts (junior) 5 – 6 pm Thursdays (ages 13- 17 years) Ron Lowe Room
Persons who wish to join the Legion in this parish – please contact Chuck 0408 128 585 /
Adela 0409 135589 or leave a message at the parish secretary, Pauline on 52754 120.